Metropolitan Detention Center | Metro Jail
Metropolitan Detention Center
180 North Los Angeles Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
When someone is detain at the Metropolitan Detention Center. They have to go through the “Booking Process”. This must take place before we are allow to “post” the Bail Bond for the Inmate. Once detain at the Metro Jail, this process will begin:
- The Jailer takes all of the Inmates belongings.
- The Jailer runs a “Live Scan” which is a background check. The system checking for warrants, probation or parole holds.
- At this point some Jails will assigned the inmate a Jail Cell.
At this point the Metropolitan Detention Center will allow the inmate to make a phone call. They can contact a friend, member of his family or contact us. The faster Parker Center Bail Bonds is called the faster we can start the Bail Bonds Process.
Metro Jail Visiting Hours
Visiting for the Metro Jail goes as follow:
- One visit daily for 15 minutes.
- one adult and two children or two adults.
- Every day from 10:00am – 12:00pm & 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
- Children must be with an adult at the Metro Jail.
- All visitors must have a valid ID to enter the Metro Jail.
The Metropolitan Detention Center is located in downtown Los Angeles: 180 North Los Angeles Street. Los Angeles, CA 90012. On Los Angeles Street between 1st Street and San Pedro Street, one block east of City Hall. The official is name is Metropolitan Detention Center, but commonly known as “Metro Jail”. The Metropolitan Detention Center covers the following zip codes.: 90012, 90013, 90014, 90015, 90071, 90026, 90057, 90031, 90039 and the communities of Downtown Los Angeles, South Park, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Central City East, Historic Core, Financial District, The Convention Center.